Friday, March 23, 2012

Kiss Me I'm Irish Read Along: Ch 16-20

Over at http://intheclosetbibliophile.blogspot.com/, is the continuation of our Iron Druid Chronicle Read Along. You should really go check this out, Love the series, love the author. Just all around fun!

Here we go....

1.  Just after Atticus is shot, Oberon has to "ninja" his way out of the shop and into Hal's Beamer (with the icky air freshener). Have you ever been in a situation where you had to "ninja" your way out and try not to be discovered? If so, what happened? 


Yes! One time I was at a music festival with my best friend. She had recently broken up with a guy and we were waxing poetic about his downfalls when BAM we see him across the street. We ducked really low and tried to hide behind a group of people. We were trying "become one" with the group all stealthy ninja like. FAILURE! He saw us. We were forced to eat our words and be nice to him. He was like a little lost puppy and he then continued to follow us from stage to stage, playing tag a long.

2. Atticus's main goal through a large portion of the book is not only protecting Oberon, but also protecting the sword. You are now living in a paranormal world and you need a weapon! What weapon do you choose and what can it do? 


I choose a bow and a quiver full of infinity iron and silver tipped arrows. I.E. it's always magically full. I honestly, would rather fight from far away and just take people out that way. Plus the arrows could turn into flaming arrows when needed. So I could set things on fire, for whatever reason necessary.

3.  To recharge and heal after being shot, Atticus sleeps naked, tattoos to the earth, in a patch of grass near the Civic Center in downtown Scottsdale. Where is the weirdest place you have ever slept?  


TIE: It is either on a parking deck roof or in an elevator.
My mom passed away when I was in high school. I spent ALOT fo time in the hospital. A few times I had friends stay the night with me. Well being typical teenagers we had to keep ourselves entertained. One night we went up on the roof of the parking deck and played cards all night. We had brought blankets to keep warm, so we just decided to stretch out and sleep. On another night, around the same time. We decided to hang out in one of the elevators and ride it up and down all night. Eventually we just fell asleep between 2-5 when no one was using the elevator.

4. We finally find out some very interesting information about Granuaile and I don't know about you, but I certainly wasn't expecting to find that she's sharing her head with someone else. What about you, did you expect anything along those lines? If not, what were you expecting concerning Granuaile?  


I sort of thought Granuaile was going to be a Goddess or some other supernatural creature. I was not expecting her to be sharing his skull with a very old witch.

5.  Laksha is a witch, a truly evil one at that for many of the things she's done in the past. However, she's supposedly seen the error of her ways. Do you think she really has? Would you be willing to trust her? Do you think Atticus is smart to have decided to trust her to help him with the "other" witches?  


I think for Laksha, you can trust her as far as you can throw her. She would be a great ally to have, and I would want to be on her good side. However, I wouldn't trust her more than I absolutely had to. Your actions speak louder than your words. She would have to prove to me that she deserved my trust.

3 comments:

  1. Epic weapon!! You put a lot of thought into that one!! Took care of the were, fae, it's iffy on the vamps but then if the arrow goes up in flames that'll take care of the vamp contingent - brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sleeping inside the elevators :D I'm not that claustrophobic but it will make me think twice tho, very brave. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I love that you slept on an elevator! Seriously, how cool is that. You must have been pretty exhausted. LOL!

    Also, I hate when that kind of thing happens...when you see someone you don't and you're trying to hide and then they see you. FAIL! It sucks to have to talk to them. LOL! Love these stories through.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate any and all comments, please feel free to voice your opinion/disagreement etc.

 

Sample text

Sample Text

I review for BookSneeze®

Sample Text

Fate's Edge- Ilona Andrews
Tricked- Kevin Hearne (IDC 4)
The Doors of Stone (King Killer Chronicles) Patrick Rothfuss
Whatever Jim Butcher writes in 2012
Bear meets Girl- Shelly Laurenston
Biting Cold- Chloe Neill
Sacrificial Magic- Stacia Kane
Molly Harper- Jane Madison Nice Girls don't Bite Their Neighbors
Patricia Briggs- Omega #3
more, but that's a good start for now.