Sunday, January 8, 2012

I need to find a new author who rocks my socks off

Last year when I found Patrick Rothfuss' series, I was elated. I was a kid in the proverbial candy shop. I have rarely found an author whose books I have enjoyed as much as I did this series.

There is a list of books that have moved me. A list of books that have caused me to reexamine my life and perhaps my way of thinking. Soon, I'll publish that list. It needs to be out there. I think most people would be surprised that one of my favorite books is about a Russian Jew who went through tons of torture during Czarist Russia. One of my other favorite books centers around a tart citrus tree and it's various benefactors throughout the ongoing Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

(If someone can guess those books, I'll think of something cool to give you. Maybe I'll buy you a book via amazon or bn? Or I'll make you a bookmark. something.)

But I need a new book, I need one that moves me, makes me question the world in which I live. I need to find someone with such a distinct voice that it pushes me to be a better writer, to write something so prolific that I could be satiate my wayward literary soul, if only for a moment.

suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't even heard of Patrick Rothfuss - but you've convinced me to look for him. I don't know if I can think of any books that are as moving as those! Have to 'fess the books I read are all purely escapism ;p Love the blog button! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s

    I can't promise it'll be as prolific as you're looking for, but I think you'll enjoy it anyway. Would you like me to send through a copy of Awakening? If so just drop a note on my blog saying yay or nay and what version (epub/kindle) :)
    Damsel in a Dirty Dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks nic! But I already it this past week. I've been to sickly to read it, but I'm looking forward to delving into it, hopefully tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate any and all comments, please feel free to voice your opinion/disagreement etc.

 

Sample text

Sample Text

I review for BookSneeze®

Sample Text

Fate's Edge- Ilona Andrews
Tricked- Kevin Hearne (IDC 4)
The Doors of Stone (King Killer Chronicles) Patrick Rothfuss
Whatever Jim Butcher writes in 2012
Bear meets Girl- Shelly Laurenston
Biting Cold- Chloe Neill
Sacrificial Magic- Stacia Kane
Molly Harper- Jane Madison Nice Girls don't Bite Their Neighbors
Patricia Briggs- Omega #3
more, but that's a good start for now.