Thursday, May 17, 2012

My long overdue post about Tricked

I waited and waited for months on the 4th Iron Druid book from Kevin Hearne and I was at the bookstore to pick up my held copy as soon as they opened on release day.  Of course I read right through that day, but I have been in such a run around with work and life and all that stuff that I'm just now getting around to sharing my thoughts...Sorry!

I loved the book, no surprise there. I love the entire universe that Hearne has created. His portrayal of all the different theologies is so appealing to me and the research that he must do to create all these stories must be painstaking.
With Tricked, he brings in more Native American mythology and its all interesting and makes a great tale.  This book like his others are chock full of great humor, especially in the form of zingers from Oberon. 
There's a lot going on in this book, but it only progresses the continuing story a bit. So, I'm really looking forward to seeing what is going to happen next, I'm just glad that I don't have to wait a year.

Overall, I loved the book, the story is fun, full of interesting details, extremely humorous and at time wildly and delightfully violent. I definitely mark it a must read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any and all comments, please feel free to voice your opinion/disagreement etc.

 

Sample text

Sample Text

I review for BookSneeze®

Sample Text

Fate's Edge- Ilona Andrews
Tricked- Kevin Hearne (IDC 4)
The Doors of Stone (King Killer Chronicles) Patrick Rothfuss
Whatever Jim Butcher writes in 2012
Bear meets Girl- Shelly Laurenston
Biting Cold- Chloe Neill
Sacrificial Magic- Stacia Kane
Molly Harper- Jane Madison Nice Girls don't Bite Their Neighbors
Patricia Briggs- Omega #3
more, but that's a good start for now.