Monday, April 1, 2013

Review: After the Ending

After the Ending was a somewhat enjoyable read. I was perusing titles on Net Galley and the premise of this book sounded interesting, so I thought I would give it a shot. After the Ending was written by Lindsey Farleigh and Lindsey Pogue and is set mostly in a post-apocalyptic era. Essentially an unknown Virus wipes out the majority of the world and two best friends find themselves on opposite ends of the United States as survivors in a new and unsure world. We follow them as they try to reach each other and a "safe haven".

Of course everything isn't what it seems, and there are lots of bumps in the road. Also there is some pretty snazzy slow to smolder romance build ups. I don't want to give too much away, but there is a good bit of action that will keep your attention.

My pros for this book: I love the friendship between Dani and Zoe. I imagine if the world as I know it were to end tomorrow and my bff was on the other side of the country, I would try my damnedest to make it to her as well. I enjoyed the abilities that emerge and I do like how the girls did learn to open up to others during their journey.

My cons for this book: It was somewhat predictable and there was an amount of naivety in certain characters that made parts of the story unbelievable. At least their actions. I also felt like certain things in the book were "too easy".

My vote: A good read if you want to read something along the lines of post-apocalyptic angst ridden romance. 


3/5 cups of sugar

Amazon Link

1 comment:

We appreciate any and all comments, please feel free to voice your opinion/disagreement etc.

 

Sample text

Sample Text

I review for BookSneeze®

Sample Text

Fate's Edge- Ilona Andrews
Tricked- Kevin Hearne (IDC 4)
The Doors of Stone (King Killer Chronicles) Patrick Rothfuss
Whatever Jim Butcher writes in 2012
Bear meets Girl- Shelly Laurenston
Biting Cold- Chloe Neill
Sacrificial Magic- Stacia Kane
Molly Harper- Jane Madison Nice Girls don't Bite Their Neighbors
Patricia Briggs- Omega #3
more, but that's a good start for now.